When it comes to resolving, preventing, and releasing back pain that is caused by chronic back issues, injuries, poor posture, and gravity, many individuals tout the benefits of inversion tables and inversion therapy.
The theory behind this is that by shifting the gravity of your body, you are able to stretch the spine out and ease off the pressure that your spine is regularly under. This provides benefits like decreased inflammation in and around the spine, increased circulation, and a reduction in back pain.
The current “go-to” inversion table is the Innova ITX 9600, an affordable and heavy-duty inversion table that has an adjustable headrest and a true balance system for ergonomic use.
This review is going to take a look at why this is considered one of the best models on the market, what the features of the equipment are, how assembly and storage works, what safety features are available, and what the overall build of the inversion table looks like.
- 0.1 What Sets This Inversion Table Apart From The Rest?
- 0.2 What Are The Main Features?
- 0.3 How Easy Is It To Assemble and Store?
- 0.4 Let’s Take a Look at the Build Quality: In-Depth Look at the Frame and Comfort
- 0.5 Are There Any Notable Positives and Negatives?
- 0.6 Who Is This Inversion Table Best Suited For?
- 0.7 A Final Verdict
- 0.8 At a Glance
- 1 Concept 2’s Model E Rower
What Sets This Inversion Table Apart From The Rest?
Although the aesthetic design of the Innova ITX 9600 looks similar to other inversion tables out there, it is the heavy-duty commercial grade steel frame, patent pending protective cover, and an adjustable pin system which sets it apart from others out there.
The adjustable pin system ensures that you get a consistent angle for every single use. Other than this, it comes with a true balance system, a vinyl coated protective cushion, and the ability to support individuals up to three hundred pounds in weight.
What Are The Main Features?
It Is Extremely Adjustable: the true balance system of the Innova comes with three different adjustable sections, ensuring that the user always has a comfortable experience. The Innova ITX 9600 comes with an adjustable headrest pad, an adjustable six-pin angle system with protective cover, and an adjustable height tube. It is considered to be a foldable inversion table and comes with foam handles and a reversible ankle holding system with rear foam rollers or front foam rollers.
Easy Storage and Assembly: as with any other inversion table, the Innova ITX 9600 will come in pieces so you will have to do the assembly yourself. Unfortunately, it does not come with any tools, so you will also need to have some on hand. However, all of the bolts and washers come with part numbers for easy referencing and the manual is written well in an easy-to-read format. It will take approximately an hour to set it up.
Once assembled, the Innova inversion table is extremely easy to move around and store because it only comes in at fifty-five pounds in weight.
The only drawback is that the table doesn’t completely fold up, but instead has a removable lock pin that allows the two sections to be placed in a U-shape. A trick with the table is to place it on the shortest height setting when you go to store it as this drastically lowers the footprint it takes up.
- High Weight Capacity: maximum user weight is three hundred pounds.
High-Quality Durability: the entire frame of the Innova inversion table is made out of steel, coming in as extremely durable and heavy duty. It can withstand up to three hundred pounds in weight.
Plenty of Safety Features: the Innova ITX 9600 comes with non-slip safety handles so you can get yourself back up to the upright position with ease and comes with a six-pin adjustable slot system. This ensures that you get a consistent inversion angle every single time you use the Innova.
The back support comes with a vinyl coating to eliminate and reduce tears during use and the foam feet holders are ergonomically molded and cushioned so that you don’t slip. Other than this, you can actually use the lock pin to set the maximum inversion angle to one of four settings with the maximum degree being 170.
How Easy Is It To Assemble and Store?
Assembling the entire unit only takes about sixty minutes or an hour, which is incredibly fast when you take a look at how big the table actually is. To fasten the inversion table together, the Innova comes with bolts and washers with part references numbers for easy assembly.
When it is fully assembled, the model will sit at about fifty-two pounds in weight with its dimensions being 46 x 28 x 63 inches.
Although the inversion table does come with a rather large space footprint, it can be folded up by removing the lock pin. It takes less than a minute to fold it up and if you set it on the lowest height setting, it will take up minimal space.
Let’s Take a Look at the Build Quality: In-Depth Look at the Frame and Comfort
The Innova ITX 9600 was built with heavy duty use in mind for those who may be a little on the heavier side in weight. This means that the steel frame brings a level of durability and safety that no other model has seen. Here are some notable points that set this built quality apart from other inversion tables on the market.
- It comes with a steel, full-body, frame with a vinyl coated back support.
- The leg rests are reversible, adjustable, and ergonomically molded.
- The height tube is easily adjusted and the true balance six-pin system ensures a perfect inversion angle during every single use.
With regards to comfort, setting the inversion angle is easy and smooth. The adjustable headrest is comfortable and the back support feels well-padded due to the thick materials used. Other than this, the foam roller handles and footrests are made out of one-inch thick padding material and they are made to be non-slip for comfort and safety.
Are There Any Notable Positives and Negatives?
The Positives Include:
- The frame is made out of steel, giving it incredible durability and stability.
- It can accommodate users up to three hundred pounds.
- It is a foldable inversion table so it is easy to store.
- It is relatively easy and quick to assemble.
- It comes well-packaged with an easy to read manual.
- It comes with an adjustable pin system for perfect inversion angles and a protective cover.
- It has non-slip vinyl and ergonomically moulded footrests.
- It is a lot more comfortable than previous versions.
- It can adjust to numerous height levels ranging anywhere from 4ft 10 inches to 6ft 6 inches.
- Excellent customer support.
- Positively impacts the quality of life and works in reducing back pain.
- Improves posture and relieves back stiffness.
- Warranty for one year.
The Negatives Include:
- It can only invert up to 170 degrees instead of the 180 which is market standard.
- Inversion settings are only up to four positions.
- When folded, there is no pin to keep it in place, therefore, it can come unfolded easily.
- The base stabilizer caps come off easily during transport.
Who Is This Inversion Table Best Suited For?
The Innova ITX 9600 was built to withstand heavy use and is made out of a commercial-grade steel frame, so those who want to use the inversion table regularly can do so without worry of wear and tear.
The frame can withstand up to three hundred pounds, so those who are on the heavier side can still use the inversion table and get relief from back pain without worrying about whether the table will buckle.
It is recommended for anyone who is within the height range of 4ft 10 inches to 6ft 6 inches, is under three hundred pounds, and needs relief from back pain, sciatica, back stiffness, and inflammation. It is not recommended for those who have a smaller space or have nowhere to stand it up against a wall or fold it down onto floor space.
A Final Verdict
Overall, the Innova ITX 9600 inversion table is definitely a step up from its predecessor, the 9300, as it offers additional features that are necessary for those who need more comfort, durability, and safety.
The vinyl coated back support, the adjustable pin system, and the steel frame are all welcome adjustments that make getting your back pain relief that much easier.
At a Glance
- New for 2018: Reversible Ankle Holding System (Ankle Holders can Trade Places)
- 6-Pin Angle Selection System
- Large, Comfortable Backrest Pad with Adjustable Headrest Pad
- True Balance System for Easy Inverting
- Ergonomical Ankle Holding System
- Soft Foam Handlebars
- Heavy Duty Steel Frame
- Assembly Required
- 300 lbs User Weight Capacity