- 1 Exerpeutic’s Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike: An Affordable Indoor Cycling Solution
- 2 What Sets This Exercycle Bike Apart From Others?
- 3 What Are The Main Features?
- 4 Let’s Take a Look at Build Quality: Constructive and Comfort Levels
- 5 Are There Any Notable Positives and Negatives?
- 6 Who Is This Exercycle Best Suited For?
- 7 Our Final Verdict
- 8 At a Glance:
Exerpeutic’s Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike: An Affordable Indoor Cycling Solution
When it comes to getting a cardiovascular workout, most individuals head to the gym and jump on the treadmill or the elliptical bike. Although these options are good, they leave cyclist enthusiasts out of the loop and they tend to be on the higher-end of the physical impact scale.
For individuals who want a low-impact cardiovascular form of exercise, you may want to take a look at indoor cycling and a foldable exercise bike. Not only does it help you build up muscle but it is good for increasing stamina and strength and does not take a lot of physical skill.
The current “go-to” exercise bike on the market right now is the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike, an affordable indoor cycling solution that has a strong, durable, and noiseless operational design.
This review is going to take a look at why this is considered the best model on the market, the ins and outs of the main features, the overall build quality of this foldable and upright bike, how assembly and storage fairs, and lastly, the positives and negatives. Finally, we will take a look at who this folding bike is best suited for and what our final verdict is.
What Sets This Exercycle Bike Apart From Others?
Although this upright bike doesn’t look the sleekest, it is the foldable design of the Exerpeutic Magnetic Exercise Bike that sets it apart from other models out there on the market.
Not only does it come with a highly durable steel tubing frame, but this frame can be folded down to half of its size, making it the best exerpeutic bike on the market for its minimal storage space requirements.
Beyond this, the bike comes with a three crank flywheel system and v-belt which ensures that little to no maintenance is needed and it has leg stabilizers to ensure a stable workout.
What Are The Main Features?
- LCD Display with Heart Rate Monitor: this upright bike comes with a large LCD computer display that will tell you workout details such as the number of calories burned, your distance, time, speed, and pulse. It also comes with an odometer and has built-in heart rate monitoring pulse sensors in the handlebars.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: this particular folding bike is as close to noiseless as you can get as it comes with a precision balanced flywheel and v-belt. The three-piece cranking system ensures that you experience a smooth and consistent pedalling motion throughout your entire workout. Yes, you can even watch television while using the bike!
- Decent Build Quality: the frame of this Exerpeutic folding bike is made out of steel tubing and comes with a rigid base that has leg stabilizers.
- Easy Assembly and Storage: this particular upright bike model is perfect for indoor cycling enthusiasts who have their workouts confined to a small space. The unit can fold down into half of its original size, ensuring that it can be stored anywhere within a small apartment or flat. The unit does have some assembly required but comes with all of the necessary wrenches and tools. The four major components that are assembled together include the, the pedals, handlebars, stabilizers, and seat/post. This can be done by one person within an hour.
- The box does include an easy-to-read instruction manual. It also has wheels on the bottom if you need to move it around!
- Is Adjustable and Provides a Challenge: the unit comes with an eight-level magnetic tension system which allows you to adjust the tension you feel thereby effectively giving you control over how challenging your workout is. For the average user who doesn’t do a lot of cardiovascular training or cycling, will be able to get a pretty decent workout out of this magnetic tension system.
- Extremely Comfortable for an Exercise Bike: the unit comes with a rather large seat cushion that fits the majority of people. It also comes with a larger pedal design that includes safety straps so you don’t have to worry about your feet slipping out or off the pedals.
- Designed to Fit Majority of Users: it can fit any user who is within the height range of 5’3” and 6’.1” who are three hundred pounds or less in weight capacity.
Let’s Take a Look at Build Quality: Constructive and Comfort Levels
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse was initially built for use in the home by indoor cycling enthusiasts, and as such, has a strong, lightweight, compact, budget-friendly design. Some of the main design features include:
- Durable body made from heavy-duty steel tubes, able to support up to three hundred pounds.
- Folds away to under half of its size for easy and convenient storage. It also comes with wheels to ensure you can move it around your home.
- Easily adjusts the height to accommodate riders of anywhere from 5’3” to 6’1”.
The Exerpeutic boasts a large, padded seat to accommodate individuals of many different shapes and sizes, and is reported to not sacrifice any comfort for the sake of its convenience as a folding bike.
Are There Any Notable Positives and Negatives?
The Positives Include:
- It comes with the wrenches needed for assembly,
- It is easy to use and very easy to adjust,
- Fits into a small apartment space with ease,
- Comes with a magnetic brake resistance system,
- Assembly is done in four easy-to-do steps,
- The bike is foldable, compact, and lightweight,
- It comes with noiseless operation,
- It has a large LCD display with a pulse readout,
- Handlebars have a “pulse” heart rate sensor built-in,
- It has eight resistance variables,
- Comes with a high torque cranking system,
- Built out of steel tubing for durability and strength,
- LCD panel shows you tracking metrics like calories, mileage data, and speed,
- Comes with a large seat cushion for comfort,
- Supports a maximum user weight of three hundred pounds.
The Negatives Include:
- The pedals sit a little too far forward putting your back into an uncompromising position,
- Pulse rate monitor’s accuracy is dubious,
- Not suited for hardcore cyclists or cyclists staying in shape during off-season,
- Workout may not be intense enough for some users,
- Warranty on components is only for 90 days.
Who Is This Exercycle Best Suited For?
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike comes with a strong and capable frame but is classified as an entry-level bike, making it only good for individuals who want to use it for light workouts on a semi-regular to non-regular basis.
It is best suited towards individuals who are under three hundred pounds, who are looking to increase their exercise program to include a low-impact cardiovascular exercise.
It is not recommended for users who have back issues as the forward pedal positions may exacerbate the issue. It is also not recommended for individuals who have high-intensity exercise programs or for those who need a more durable frame.
Our Final Verdict
Overall, the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike is definitely an excellent choice for individuals who want an affordable indoor cycling machine that takes up minimal space and provides a challenging workout.
Although not the greatest option for those who want “intense” workouts, it’s perfect for those looking to combine a good workout with stable and comfortable use. The fact that it is a folding bike, comes with a three crank system, and has noiseless operation, makes this upright bike the go-to choice in its price range.
At a Glance:
- Heavy Duty Design
- Large Seat Cushion
- Large LCD Display
- 8 Level Magnetic Tension System
- Hand Pulse Sensors
- 3 Piece Crank System
- Space Saving
- 1 Year limited warranty